Browsers' Bookstore



home
Search our inventory

Search our inventory!

Where low prices meet high quality.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Memoirs of an Invisible Man. H. F. Saint.

Memoirs of an Invisible Man
by H. F. Saint.

My penchant for invisible man stories has already been stated; this one is an excellent adventure. It is essentially an extended chase scene: man who becomes invisible after industrial explosion is hunted by government. But Saint has put a lot of thought into the details of how an invisible man could hide, and his efforts come off very well in a wholly believeable story.

My dad said he thought there was a lot of sex in the book - I hadn't remembered that the first time I read it, but noticed some now; nothing really extraordinary, and I'm a bit puzzled by his way of remembering the book. I just remembered being able to clearly visualize several scenes, and not wanting to put the book down.

The chase-plot works because the chase gets increasingly complex as the story progresses - at the end there is actually no physical chasing or hiding - just information chasing & hiding.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home